The pandemic has made you put on a few extra pounds. However, it has also given you time to get back in shape and lose those extra pounds. However, workouts alone aren’t going to make you burn belly fat fast enough. You need to change your diet to get the most out of your workout. Let’s look at 32 foods that burn belly fat fast.
1. Dark Chocolate – If you have a sweet tooth, you have to avoid desserts and unhealthy added sugar. Instead, you should replace them with healthy alternatives like dark chocolate. It’s rich in stearic acid and oleic acid that work overtime to burn your belly fat and also promotes a healthy heart.
2. Guacamole – Ditch the mustard and mayo in your salad and sandwiches with healthy guacamole that helps you to burn belly fat fast. Guacamole is made from avocado and it’s a super fruit that has tons of monounsaturated fatty acids that keep you full and your waistline slim.
3. Matcha Tea – Everyone swears by the miraculous waist slimming effects of green tea. However, matcha is way better at burning belly fat fast. A brew of matcha has hundreds of times more epigallocatechin gallate than green tea. It’s the substance that gives green tea its awesome fat-burning capabilities.
4. Peanut Butter – You may know about the numerous benefits of peanuts. However, you may be surprised to learn they are also packed with genistein, a compound that combats your body’s ability to store fat and also influences the obesity genes.
5. Tart Cherries – Tart cherries are very effective in reducing your body’s abdominal fat and also raise your melatonin levels so that you can sleep easily. Moreover, since they are bite-sized and taste amazing they can be amazing bedtime snacks while you read a book or watch a movie.
6. Sprouted Bread – If you choose the right loaf, bread can be your best friend in the journey of burning belly fat. Bread made with sprouted whole grains can burn a lot of fat since they are full of fiber and vitamin C. You will also get a very different flavor from sprouted whole bread.
7. Wild Salmon – When you add Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet, your body has an easier time shedding extra weight. Moreover, you don’t put on weight easily due to a few cheat days or a few days you don’t hit the gym. Eggs and Wild salmon are some of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
8. Garlic -If you’re on a ketogenic diet to lose fat, you should supplement it with garlic. Garlic helps you burn the stubborn abdominal fat that is stored in various organs. This also helps to mitigate metabolic ailments. Apart from that, the kick and flavor from garlic always make your food more flavorful.
9. Quinoa – You’ll have a hard time avoiding this ingredient if you have searched online for healthy superfood salads. Among grains, it’s the richest in protein and helps those suffering from obesity fight the serum triglycerides and reduce their waistline.
10. Pu-erh Tea – This fermented tea originates in China and is quite underrated compared to green tea. It helps you to burn belly fat fast and reduces the overall fat content in your blood. It’s also good for your heart since it reduces LDL.
11. Kamut – The best combination of macronutrients that can get rid of your soft abs and belly fat constitute protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Kamut is a middle eastern whole grain that has all of them in high quantity and also helps to regulate your blood sugar levels.
12. Kimchi -Kimchi is as effective at making your boring salads interesting as it is at shedding belly fat. The fermented cabbage dish is full of probiotics that influence your gut microbiome to lose fat quickly.
13. Bell Peppers -Stress is the ever-present hurdle that increases cortisol levels in your body and in turn influences your body to store more abdominal fat. However, foods rich in vitamin C can bring down your stress levels and bell peppers have more than enough.
14. Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese is a great source of protein that is digested slowly by your body. That means it keeps you full for a longer duration. It’s also low in calories and you can eat it even if you’re lactose intolerant.
15. Herring – Herring is a great choice if you want to slim down quickly. It’s mostly made of protein that helps you to build lean mass, increase your resting metabolic rate and burn fat even when you are doing nothing.
16. Blueberries -Munch on these berries on the regular since they are rich in antioxidants that shave away belly fat and other harmful substances in your body.
17. Black Beans -Your body’s ability to lose belly fat increases with the addition of every 10 grams of soluble fiber in your diet. Black beans have around 5 grams of soluble fiber in each serving and can be easily added to your diet. You can make some mean soup and chilis with them.
18. Hazelnuts – As mentioned above, monounsaturated fats are very effective in burning belly fat. Hazelnuts have plenty of them, over 50 grams in each serving. It’s also the ingredient that goes into Nutella. You can make a healthy version of Nutella with dark cocoa and hazelnuts, without the added sugar.
19. Red Wine – Red wine has high resveratrol content that loves to fry fat cells. So, you get a new excuse to have a glass of Malbec or Pinot Noir every day at dinner.
20. Macadamia Nuts -Another ingredient full of monounsaturated fats that helps you put on less weight and aids you to burn belly fat fast. It also helps you check your insulin levels, a hormone that turns your food into fat and stores it in your body.
21. Sweet Potato – Carotenoids are correlated with enhanced fat loss and sweet potatoes are a healthy source of it. You can bake them, make spreads out of them or cook a batch of healthy homemade sweet potato chips.
22. Lemon and Grapefruit -Citrus fruits have a reputation for burning fat and slimming the waist. Both grapefruit and lemons are citrus fruits that can aid in weight loss. You can also easily add them to your cooking or for making zesty beverages.
23. Pomegranate – Yes, their natural packaging is quite inconvenient and exposes you to the risk of stains. However, their benefits are worth every drop of the juicy fruit on your T-shirt. They help you to significantly cut down on your abdominal fat and also reduce heart risks.
24. Tuna – A 2.5-ounce tuna can have over 13 grams of protein, enough DHA, and omega-3 fatty acids that help you to reduce fat, build muscle, and also boost your brain. The versatile fish is also rich in polyunsaturated fats that increase cardiovascular health and blast belly fat.
25. Cayenne -The orangish-red goodness makes your meat and veggies spicy and gives you a delightful kick of flavor. It also has a lot of capsaicin. Daily intake of this compound can help you tremendously to shrink your waist size.
26. Jicama – Jicama may look intimidating at first with the bark-like skin. But the white fleshy interior can be a treat both when eaten cooked or raw. However, don’t be fooled by the starchy vegetables. Most of it is made of fiber that can drastically reduce your visceral fat and help you achieve your weight loss goals at a rapid pace.
27. Cinnamon -Cinnamon is full of cinnamaldehyde that is responsible for the earthy-sweet flavor of the bark-like spice and also slims you down.
28. Gochujang -The fermented and spicy condiment may not be for everyone. However, if you can handle spice and heat well, it can scorch a significant amount of abdominal fat within several weeks.
29. Cranberries -Cranberries are loaded with ursolic acid that is known for their anti-inflammatory properties and also for targeting fat around your abdomen. It also activates the brown adipose tissue that is known for burning belly fat. Have them without added sugar to enjoy the rich tarty flavor and lose weight.
30. Soy – Soy is kind of a miracle product that is a recluse for all the lactose intolerant people and vegans out there. You can make tempeh, tofu, edamame, soy milk, and many other soy products with it. For people who want to lose weight quickly, it’s an elixir since it’s rich in genistein that triggers lipid oxidation, or fat burning in simpler terms.
31. Persimmons – Like cranberries, persimmons are another great source of ursolic acid that can burn away your belly fat more effectively compared to other fat-burning foods. However, to reap the full benefits you need to eat them whole with the skin.
32. Beets – Get rid of the muffin top body with the powerful anthocyanins in beets. You can eat them raw, cooked, or fermented.
Whether you are just trying to shave some overall weight, or belly fat. These are definitely 32 foods that can help burn that belly fat fast, and are worth the try. Have you tried some of these foods? Let us know in the comments below and please feel free to share any other foods that we may have forgotten to mention.